Monday, June 23, 2008

Wrestling

I've never understood why most guys seem to think that wrestling is the manliest and most awesome thing ever. I mean hell, most fans practically worship wrestlers. You'd think that the moment the news about how wrestling is just a choreographed fight combined with a bit of bad acting and some flashy gimmicks would be enough to deter even the most hardcore fans, but no. For some reason, wrestling lives on, and is in fact more popular than ever. Good Lord. There are so many things wrong with that fact, but for the sake of practicality, I'm going to point out the most obvious factor. Wrestling is gay. And I'm not talking about the regular kind of gay. Oh no. We're talking The Village People here.

Now I know that most guys will respond with how wrestling is about guys beating the shit out of each other, thus making it manly. I don't know about you, but the idea of oiled up, half-naked men who wear tight, colorful spandex, jumping on top of each other strikes me as something pretty gay. I mean holy shit, have you seen some of the moves that these "guys" do? The crotch-to-face proximity is a tad disturbing, to say the least. And those moves aren't even the really disturbing ones. One time I saw this wrestler, who was more whale blubber than man (And coming from me that's saying a lot, because I'm a pretty big guy myself), sit on a poor female wrestler's face. Holy freaking damn. And as if that wasn't enough, he proceeded to wipe his oily ass on her nose. Oh fuck no. No amount of therapy will be able to remove that scene from my mind. Also, what the hell is up with all the body oil? As if seeing fully grown men grope each other on television wasn't bad enough. "My hands can't seem to properly grasp your body because of all the body oil, but that's alright because we look all shiny and fabulous. Whoops, my hand slipped onto your cock!! *giggle*" Excuse me, I have to go barf my guts out now.

2 comments:

Kwagoo said...

Gay or not, it sells! :D In my opinion, it's the display of brute strength (no matter how imbecilic their acting appears) and the haughtiness that really gets people hooked.

Challenges and fights give people this sort of adrenaline rush and in a way plays with an individual's desire for power and game.

I'm just saying as someone who used to watch wrestling.. back when the Rock was cool and Chyna was considered hot (eww..), but then again, as much as I'd hate to say it, wrestling also hits on an individual's immaturity, usually to young people who think that problems are best handled (or just wish they could be dealt with) "in the ring" with violence and cockiness.. It's a teenage phase that some people just don't grow out of.

Just my opinion.

Razaele said...

True. I won't deny that I used to dip in and out of watching wrestling, but the fact that it was all staged really turned me off.

To be honest, I haven't, and have no intention of growing out of the immaturity which draws me towards violence and adrenaline, because giving up that immaturity would mean giving up my love for action movies, video games, and zombies.